Friday, April 26, 2013

Special Delivery: Sweet & Easy Party Favors

ANOTHER sweet baby boy is on the way next month! Which means another reason to eat delicious desserts and giggle with the gals. I was in charge of putting together party favors. I know I have done it once already, but these lemon cookies really are irresistible....and easy. So. Easy. 

Did I mention delicious?


You can find the original recipe here. All you need is a box of lemon cake mix, 8 oz of whiped cream, an egg and powdered sugar for coating. I made the cookies smaller (1 tsp) so that they would fit in the favor boxes. It also makes them a little less cake-y.

Other supplies:
- Favor boxes (I used 2x2" boxes)
-Washi tape 
- Kraft Tags
- Parchment for wrapping cookies (for these boxes I cut 2x9" strips)


Place parchment in the box along with four cookies.


Decorate in washi tape. The theme of this shower was Special Delivery/airplanes but this would be fun in some bright neon colors or even your basic baby blues and pinks. 


For the tags I created vintage style cargo tags with Kraft tags, washi tape and a Sharpie pen. I used the airport code for our city along with the ETA/due date.  


 I really love the way they turned out and the fact that I was able to get it all done while the toddler napped.


1 comment:

  1. This is incredible! I'm a huge fan of snail mail so I'm really really liking your choice of decorations. I love the postage stickers you used. Great blog by the way!

    Your new follower,
    Mandy
    Nestled in Nostalgia

    ReplyDelete