Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Snowed In.

I woke up this morning to no snow on the ground and in a matter of an hour everything was white. I canceled plans to run errands so Big Duke and I could keep warm inside and catch up on custom orders. 

I feel so blessed to have so many lovely customers. Their excitement in ordering something special makes my heart happy. 

I am always interested in other's creative process so here is a small part of my custom doll process. 
A Momma, a little guy, and two Who's Your Daddy sketches.
 Once receiving all of the images and information for a custom doll I sit down and make a quick sketch as well as a list of details. I have not streamlined my process with a list of options like many shops because I believe there are certain details that need to be true to the person I am creating. It may sound silly but one of the details I seem to stress most about is the hairline!


The hair is what really makes a custom doll look like the subject and stand out from other dolls. :)

2 comments:

  1. you are absolutely right about those certain details. You always make them so personable-- I love how you put such time and heart into each one (you can just tell you do!)

    this was such a fun glimpse into the process.

    I am SO excited about mine! ha I have butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dolls! They are amazing. Now following on GFC. Jo :)

    http://womaninreallife.blogspot.ca/2013/03/thrifting-sisterspart-three.html

    ReplyDelete